Almost Here: Wunder Garten's 2017 Oktoberfest
Wunder Garten's Annual Oktoberfest celebration kicks off Friday, September 22, at 5 PM with the ceremonial taping of the first Spaten Oktoberfest Maerzen Beer. Enjoy live music by "Die Drei Band" and our famous steinholding competition.
Cafe Berlin is onsite all three days of Oktoberfest with their Bavarian specialities and delicious food, and we'll be serving the best Oktoberfest beers from Bavarian as well as seasonal craft brews from local breweries.
The festivities continue throughout the weekend! Join us on Saturday, September 23, from 12 to 4 PM for a family-friendly Oktoberfest with games, face painting, balloon twisting, ice cream, and music for the kids. Then we'll kick off the BIG Oktoberfest Party with DJ Lehi and friends at 5 PM. Join us for some dancing and all sorts of Bavarian shenanigans.
On Sunday, we'll do our annual German Pig Roast--Cafe Berlin is roasting a whole hog for us on their spitfire grill. Enjoy the feast with live Oktoberfest music from 4-9 PM by "Die Drei Band" for a real authentic experience.
Full Schedule of Events:
*Ceremonial taping of the first Spaten Oktoberfest Maerzen Beer at 5 PM
*Live Oktoberfest music 5-10 PM by "Die Drei Band"
*Steinholding competition and festivities
*12p-4p: Family Oktoberfest: family games, face painting, balloon twisting, ice cream, and music for the kids.
*5p-10p: The BIG Oktoberfest Party with DJ Lehi, DJ Lederhosen and friends. Come join us for the BIG Oktoberfest party with music, dancing and all sorts of Bavarian shenanigans.
*Live Oktoberfest music 4-9 PM by "Die Drei Band".
*German Pig Roast, Cafe Berlin is roasting a whole hog (starts at 3 PM, while supplies last)
Monday to Thursday: 4 PM to 10 PM
Friday: 4 PM to 12 AM
Saturday: 2 PM to 12 AM
Sunday: 2 PM to 10 PM
Happy hour: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursday (4-7)
Operating hours subject to change.
We are open rain or shine and all year round in our climate controlled PAVILION.
Wunder Garten is located in the heart of NoMa at 1101 1st Street NE (at the corner of L Street NE), Washington DC 20002. Only one block away from the NoMa Gallaudet U Metro stop (Red Line).
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Book your next event at Wunder Garten
Wunder Garten is the perfect location to host birthday and office parties, weddings, corporate events, and fundraisers. Please fill out the form below and let us help you organize a great event.
- We love our neighbors, so please keep noise down and do not disturb the peace.
- 100% ID CHECK. You must be 21 to enter. Entry is only permitted with a valid government issued form of identification. If you are under 21 years old, you are only allowed on the premise when accompanied by a parent or a guardian. During certain events, guests under 21 may not be allowed.
- We maintain the right to refuse entry and service.
- All person and bags are subject to search.
- Use of premises at your own risk.
- Smoking is only permitted in designated smoking areas.
- Drinks purchased in Wunder Garten cannot leave the premises.
- The area is monitored by closed circuit television.
- Well-behaved dogs are allowed to join us at Wunder Garten, outside of the pavilion only and only on a leash. We reserve the right to ask dogs (and their owners) to leave if they do not follow these rules. During some events, dogs may not be permitted.
- Restrooms are for patrons only.
- We are not responsible for any lost articles.
- Our rules can change at any time and without prior notice.
Bringing outdoor adventure to the neighborhood and the DMV, REI is our founding partner.
The BID supports the emergence of NoMa as one of the District’s most exciting mixed-use neighborhoods and is a wonderful supporter of Wunder Garten.
Wunder Garten’s artist in resident.
Sherman Gardens brings the BEAUTY to Wunder Garten and is in charge of our plants and overall ambience.